announcement #2

So I know it's been a while since I said I had big announcement #2 (of 3) and since I got confirmation today, I'm too excited to keep it a secret or even pretend like I'm going to build suspense...

One of the things I never got a chance to do when I found out I was having Wil at the ripe old age of 20 was go to University.  I went to Grant MacEwan and took Arts Administration so I could get into the work field and it has served me well, knowing that someday, somehow, I would get some letters after my name.

So, big announcement #2 is, I've been accepted as a student at the University.  Starting in September I will be taking 6 credits per term towards a degree.  If I did my math right and I stick it out, I should be celebrating my convocation with Wil. I'm going to explore a few options before applying to a degree and declaring a major, but I have a feeling it will be something like major in Sociology with a Minor in Fine Arts.  I guess I'll kind of figure that out once I get to that point.

Of course this means I'll be winding things down quite a bit starting this September.  I'll be hosting another round of DLS Workshops in January, and going full steam May through August with clients.  I will, however, be limiting myself to one or two client days per month while classes are in session.  I will post a calendar with my available dates sometime towards the end of summer.  I'm excited, and terrified, and life is moving forward.

Comments

kate said…
Hope, I'm so excited for you! I remember talking during a conversation awhile back about you eventually wanting to attend the University. I hope you celebrate with Bill and the kids!
Tanya said…
Aww that's so fantastic!
Congratulations! That is very exciting news !!

Woot woot !!!
Lynda said…
I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!! You go girl!!!! Woot!!!!!
fmartell2 said…
I am feeling a little verklempt right now.
YEAH FOR HOPEALOPE!!
ticblog said…
I don't know if congratulations or celebrations are in order - I didn't accomplish anything yet. And I knew I'd be accepted so it's not like I 'won' something. I'ts a huge decision that will have a huge impact on what I am doing with my spare time, so I hope my DLS girls are ready to start work...
Lynda said…
Absolutely congrats are in order! This is a big step to take and I know you'll kick ass in school.

So you HAVE won something. The chance to use your brain in an academic setting again. It's a wonderful world.
ticblog said…
Well OK then. lol
Dani said…
Wonderful, Wonderful News Hopey!!!
Congrats for taking the plunge. :)
Cathy said…
Good for you Hope!! Moving forward in a direction just meant for you! I am happy for you!

I know you will do AWESOME!! Because you are AWESOME!
shutterbug said…
Congrats Hope! You will do great things!!
Carol Kerfoot said…
Great news Hope! Nothing better than exercising your melon.
Wren and Canaan's Mama said…
How exciting!!
alphonsedamoose said…
Congratulations Hope. I know you will do extremely well. Sociology as a major. Good choice for you I think.
That's fantastic Hope! Congrats!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.