being a dumbass is genetic

My Daddy, having been born with a hole in his heart, having had open heart surgery, and having had a couple of heart-attacks, wrote off the warning signs of the heart attack that would ultimately take his life in August of 2006 as feeling tired and 'needing a nap.'

Despite knowing damn well it's something to do with my gall bladder, I undergo 6 months of tests, pain, black-outs, etc. and wait until I am throwing up blood and unable to stay conscious before I go to emergency and get the damned thing yanked.

Serejane has inherited this trait.  When my sons had ear infections, both of them, at very young ages (6 or 7 months) they tugged at their ears the second they felt slight irritation or sensitivity, whereas Serejane's first ear infection wasn't discovered until she was oozing blood and thick green ~I swear it was iridescent~ pus from her ear canal.  (We won't discuss my recent sinus-turned-ear-and-throat-dumbass-infection.)

She's had a bit of a cough and intermittent fever all week, so tonight, when Serejane was unable to sleep and said, "My ear hurts," we knew right away it was serious.  

Why, oh WHY, are we like this?

Comments

Carol Kerfoot said…
A higher pain tolerance? I would especially guess that with a kid because a kid complains no matter what their nature...
Tanya said…
Wow that is so weird. I hope Serejane is feeling better soon.
Laura Jane said…
*hugs* Hope she gets well soon! Poor pumpkin. I agree with the high pain tolerance- kids won't just not complain if they have pain.
Kate said…
Hope she feels better soon!
alphonsedamoose said…
Having a child sick is never fun. I hope she feels better soon.
Lynda said…
I'm assuming little S.J. has about as high a tolerance for pain that her Sweet Mama has. Hope she gets better soon!!!
ticblog said…
Miss LadyJane is fine now - it seems to only have bothered her in the evenings. She was owly on Sunday though... lol
Babzy said…
I wonder where she gets the "owly" from. LOL
ticblog said…
What exactly are you trying to imply, Babzy?
I think she's implying that Serejane is completely her Mother's Daughter. LOL An owly dumbass! LOL

Please don't hurt me!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.