an amazing gift

In an off-handed way, when I was doing portraits at a client's place about a year and a half ago, I was admiring her chaise longue and said, "Wow! I've always wanted one of these - it'd be a great piece for taking pictures on!" She laughed and said, "Oh, well - it was left here when we bought the place - when we move you can have it." I laughed, and thought nothing more of it. A sweet gesture, but one I never imagined would come to fruition - who honestly gives furniture like that away?
Last week I got a message: "Do you still want these couches? We got our move-in date and I need the space for packing." I thought: No way, is she serious? Apparently, she was. Look at what I have to play with!!! EEK!!! Thank you SO much, Mrs. O. You'll never know how much I truly appreciate it. And the session I happened to have this weekend? The poor woman squealed with delight when she saw it. Thank you, thank you, thank you... your next session is TOTALLY on me! (Didn't I say I shoot the best people?)

Comments

You are WAY too lucky for your own good !

Thank you Mrs. O , for making my little Hope a happy camper !!

Now where was this when she took MY pictures ? LOL!!!
Giggles said…
That is truely the most stunning chaise I've ever seen. Wow, gotta love you people! Thank you Mrs O.
Tanya said…
Wow that's an awesome piece of furniture, I can't believe your luck!
fmartell2 said…
That is sooooo purrrrrdy!!!
If you ever decide that you don't want them, and need to pass it on, can I be next in line!!
Cathy said…
Oh! Wonderful score!!! Cool. Some people have all the luck lol.

(I am just jealous as I am religiously looking through craigslist for one of those...or a cool chair!)
ticblog said…
(It's OK Cathy - I covet that white metal bedframe, I think it was for Carly...)
alphonsedamoose said…
What a great looking piece. Like something you would see in a movie.
A said…
Wow! So unique, and classy!

A
Cathy said…
It is lovely...the bed frame was for Catie! lol...
It looks like it's in fabulous condition for third hand. Lucky Hope scored a great present.

I can just imagine the shots that will be taken on that honey of a piece of furnature.
Jillian Kirby said…
OMG!!!! I am drooling!!!! The pictures you could use that for!!!!!!
OH WOW!!!!
Babzy said…
Not only is the piece of furniture fabulous, I also love how you've displayed it against black. It's perfect for any occasion. You could drape a paisley shawl over it or striped cushion or something flowery or granny squares or glittery. It's the perfect prop.

You practiced the Law of Attraction.
ticblog said…
You know Babzy, I think it's great there a name for it that everyone can use now. I've always just called my cosmic paging system, 'Serendipity.' Cheers!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.