under what rock?


Geez.  I went and visited Tanyapoop's blog.  I must not have been paying attention yesterday when it was announced that Heath Ledger died.   I never gave the man much thought, really, but I did find his performance in Brokeback Mountain remarkable, certainly a cut above what one might expect from a straight guy playing for he other team.  It's disappointing - the young man seemed to have huge potential.

He complained frequently about paparazzi attention, always unwanted.  He tried to remain humble and out of the spotlight, which is such a rare and respectable thing.  Perhaps that's why it's so shocking.  I am truly hopeful that the cause of death is not discovered to be suicide.  Hot on the heels of Owen Wilson's suicide attempt and Anna Nicole Smith's OD, it's really more than I think I can handle.  How very sad.

Comments

Lynda said…
I was very sad to hear about Heath's passing myself. My favourite movie he did was A Knight's Tale. I bought it years ago and watch it with Shan about once a year. He was definitely in my top 5 fav actor list. I was looking forward to his portray of the Joker in Batman. Too young, far too young.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.