Spotlight - Amber Lee

This is the first in hopefully a very long series of installments called, "Spotlights." It is my pleasure to introduce to you Amber Lee. This Red Deer based artist is a costume designer and budding photographer. I found her in a Facebook photography critique group, and was hooked. I'll be back later with the full interview. In the meantime, it's easy to see why I fell in love with her work. See the condensed interview with Amber Lee on the ticdesign Spotlight page here. Images in this post are copyright Amber Lee Photography.







Name: Amber Lee
Location: Red Deer, AB
Camera(s): Sony Cybershot DSC-P72 3.2MP, and just got a Canon Digital Rebel XT from Santa...

Why do you take pictures?
Taking pictures is a way to express myself and my passions. I can capture the essence of a person and show to others what it is I see.

Who has been your greatest mentor?
The person who introduced me to the camera was my high school shop teacher. He taught me how to use a 35mm and taught me dark room processing. I fell in love with photography the minute I picked up the camera. Since then, I have been nothing but supported and encouraged by friends and family. I would say that those people have been my greatest mentors.

How would you define your style?
My style is definitely unconventional and extremely versatile. My style varies, as I am a flexible photographer. I believe my work to be of a unique and undefined style.

What would the ultimate photo shoot be?
Being that I love fashion, design, sewing, I would like to blend my passion for all three. My ideal photo shoot would involve historical locations, and a modern take on glamorous and classical attire. The ultimate photo shoot for me would be to form a collection of clothing involving the history and beauty of an antique era, shot in an old, run down, abandoned location as though it had never been forgotten about.

Hope Walls of ticdesign says:
Amber was strutting her stuff on a critiquing site on Facebook and from the moment I saw her work, I was all over her like white on rice. She’s not only an amazing photographer, but makes incredible costumes as well. You really MUST get to know this girl...

Comments

Hey I found her first ! |LOL!

She is really awesome isn't she ? Did you see the pair of boots she just made ? WOW !
Tanya said…
I love her artistic flair.
Laura Jane said…
Lovely- no, STUNNING work Amber! A true inspiration.
Babzy said…
The woman running in the red dress looks like a bride's maid late for the wedding. I love it.
Lauren said…
I love that blue-eyed girl! Impressive work!
ticblog said…
Yeah - hey, Amber? Who is the little girl? Yours? A niece? A friend's daughter? I keep meaning to ask and then forgetting lol
lilredamber said…
She is my Niece. VERY good model, I have lots of photos of her :)
lilredamber said…
Thank you all for the comments. I just figured this thing out,lol! I'm really glad you enjoy my photos :)
please check out my gallery for new stuff!
Thanks again!!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.