the new January

ba di ya, say do you remember
ba di ya, resolutions in September?

I was actually really glad to hear an advertisement on the radio calling September the new January. Of course, it's a sales pitch for home decorating, but I'd been thinking the same thing anyways.

Here are my September Resolutions:

Cut back on refined sugars
Have a cup of tea every day
Leave my office during lunch hour
Reduce my personal pollution of the environment by at least 10%
Only work as a picture takin' maniac one weekend out of each month

There now. That's a good start. You aren't allowed to ask me how they're going except on Tuesdays. Tuesdays you can inquire. Any other day, your questions will be unceremoniously ignored. I can be a cantankerous bitch when I'm coming off sugar. Happy New Year!!!!

Anyone else care to join me in making some September resolutions?

Comments

Babzy said…
Hey. I have always thought of Sept as the beginning of the year. It's the school thing... new shoes, new books, new pencils, new attitude.

This New Year I am going to.. Hey that's tomorrow!

I am going to ..

1. Take my shopping totes to the grocery store so I won't use very many plastic bags.

2. Get my paints and supplies into the plastic rolling drawers that I bought last year and are still empty.

3. Empty the blue laundry basket and put away the contents. It has not moved since I moved in 1.5 years ago.

4. Get all my little sewing projects done (hemming up pants, fixing broken seams, etc).

That's it for now.

Happy New Year's Eve!!
alphonsedamoose said…
My September resolution is to make January resolutions.
ticblog said…
my seestor says:

"mostly fall just makes me sad. I like spring. and when spring is over, I drink in summer for all it's worth because fall and winter are coming. and that makes me sad... I am a spring creature. always have been. always will be. good luck with your resolutions. as for me, I am hunkering down and working hard in preparation for the spring that will be here in just 7 months. I am a spring creature :)"
ticblog said…
I prefer spring, too. I like spring best of all, actually. However, I suffer from terrible bouts of spring fever, making it entirely possible for me to forget things like my name and so antsy to look for buds on my plants that sometimes I might even neglect to dry off after showering. Spring would be a bad time for me to make a resolution.

Cheers!
larson-ritzands said…
do more as a family and start to be a little bit selfish...make myself a happy person instead of always thinking of others (that of coarse wont stop)

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.