rockin' the iPod

Bill has a 'so last year' iPod Shuffle. I got it for him for Valentine's day last year. I never really pined for one, despite how fun they are, but when the Shuffle came down in price this year to under $100 I started considering one. Well, last night while we were out shopping for our vinyl barriers, we came across the iPod case, and I figured well shoot - I want one. I had the Shuffle in hand, and Bill said, "Get the Nano." "No, the shuffle is good." Bill said, "Just get the Nano." He took Serejane to the bathroom and I had swapped out the pink chicklet Shuffle for the silver Nano, and, feeling no small amount of guilt, brought the damned thing home. My sister, as I was sitting there formatting it and downloading software and whatnot said, "Oh, good! You'll love it! You'll never go back." I think it's important right now to point out that never have I listened to an iPod. Not even Bill's. And imagine my surprise and subsequent glee when I discovered the colour screen and Bill told me I could put pictures on the Nano...

So last night in the wee hours, after burning too much midnight oil getting stuff packed and hauled into the boys' rooms, when the iPod was all formatted up and loaded with a buncha songs, I plugged myself in and...

I'm a convert. Completely. I am in love. And it just gets better - there's a calendar I can upload from my Outlook, and an address book. (OK - so I know millions of you already KNOW these things, but I told you, I never wanted an iPod, because I always just thought, well, it plays music - whoopee - so does a radio...) Tonight, after I finish packing up some clothes and moving some more furniture, I may have to take some time to upload my calendar and address book and a few hundred of my favourite pictures... Woot woot to the Nano Nano!!!

Comments

larson-ritzands said…
yahoo...i don't think i'll ever get something like that, i barely know how to use the computer :)

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.