insurance woes

I tried blogging about this yesterday but it came out all wrong, so here's my second attempt. I hope it makes more sense than the last try.

I have a friend who was literally hit by a bus a couple of weeks ago, and I feel like she is rightfully entitled to compensation for both the damage to her vehicle as well as some counselling, as she seems a bit on edge since it happened.

I know another woman, we'll refer to her as the, "Bubblehead." Just last week she was regaling me with fond memories of a trip she took with her insurance settlement a few years back after being rear-ended. Although she readily acknowledges that the road conditions were bad and that she was probably at fault for cutting across two lane, she is nevertheless quite proud that she managed to get such a great amount, especially since, she claims, "I wasn't even sure if I had soft tissue damage or had just slept funny...*insert giggling here*"

What I don't understand, is how the people who genuinely need to use the insurance they have paid for with due diligence, are honest enough to not claim when they have no need, and when they ~do~ make a claim, they are put through the wringer for it while the collective population of "Bubbleheads" manage to rub their neck a few times and walk out with a bloody fortune.

I've been harrassing my friend that got hit by the bus to seek counselling, but she explained to me why she just didn't have it in her to try and prove her 'need' for it. Frankly, I feel her pain and can understand her reluctance. It isn't right. And if the people who NEED to use insurance don't fight for their right to use it, where does that leave us? I mean, I am one of those people who would sooner pay out of pocket, than be considered one of 'them' - the insurance-claim junkies who, whether successful in their fraud or not, make it hard for the rest of us to use our insurance.

Chaps my ass, I tell ya.

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.