popcorn on my tree

About this time every year, the trees in our backyard bloom, thought usually one after the other, along with the lilacs and the pink trees in the greenbelt across our back alley.


This year we've been blessed/cursed with all 4 of them - three apple trees and the mountain ash berry - exploding at the same time. On Friday before the Relay for Life, they were just buds, and by Saturday when we got home, it looks like we glued popcorn on all the branches.


The smell is overwhelming, like walking face first into a wall of perfume. The first 2 minutes are wonderful. Then I get a headache. But damn, they are beautiful. Just beautiful. I love my trees.


They look especially lovely with my bumper crop of tulips and creeping Myrtle.

The prairie crocuses just look weird, though...

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.