Brayden

I had the pleasure of hanging out with mein Brayden this evening. My friend Tammy invited a few ladies over to visit as our other friend Dani was in from Red Deer. Now that I'm weepy all the time, and can't hide it, I'll admit that I cried when I held Brayden the first time. I didn't cry tonight. Maybe I was crying a little on the inside when I asked Dani if she wanted to hold the baby, and she misunderstood the question and actually said yes.

Brayden's Mommy and I met under somewhat strenuous circumstances. Our first words were exchanged during a very very heated argument regarding politics. Although I still completely disagree with her, I have to give her kudos for sticking to her guns when under fire from myself and another woman who held the same position as I did on the issue at hand. She held her own in the face of two very sarcastic and outspoken women, and for that, I respect her. (Too bad her political views suck ~neiner neiner~ lol)

The site where this debate was taking place was a mommy website, and Brayden wasn't even a twinkle in Mommy and Daddy's eyes. Tanya had joined in anticipation of becoming a mommy. There was a frustrating period of several months (that felt like years) trying to conceive, and for a while there it felt hopeless for her.

Obviously, it was a case of trying too hard, and just a she was giving up, lots of fellow mommy supprt and lots of 'toast' worked. When Brayden arrived, I was tickled to go over and take some pictures. (Being a photographer is a great excuse for being the first person called when there's a new arrival...)


The only thing I have to say about Brayden, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, is that he is a NICE baby. The nicest baby ever. He's so content and sweet and wonderful, that his Mommy's politics are (almost) forgivable lol. It was so nice to see him (and Tanya) again; hopefully it isn't another 3 months before I see him (them) again! Perhaps we'll all join up at his cousin Ryder's place, since I found out tonight that Brayden apparently digs the ceiling fan, too...

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.