What's new with YOU?!


So I FINALLY posted pics from my April family marathon (crazy!) and have about a bazillion other blog posts to do, but I figured I'd sum up what's been happening since I last blogged in June.  Not that my excuses are good or even valid but...

I have been terribly busy over the summer and since the leaves are turning, that means fall classes have begun (I love my class this semester - the required reading includes The Trouble with Billionnaires which is a fantastic and entertaining book - yay for awesome readings!!!)  To dispel some myths, no, I haven't hung up my camera.  In fact, I'm in the midst of the rush for fall family pictures and am just halfway through my wedding season, which normally runs between May and August but didn't start until August this year for me, and won't be done until December.  

As some might know, I opened a Studio with another photographer back in January, which I have now sold to my lovely and talented "ex-work-wife" as after operating for several months it became clear to me that her and I were headed in very different creative and administrative directions and that I would prefer to focus on my family and my studies.  I'm excited to see her and her new partner turn it into something chic and modern.  In the meantime, I'm still shooting, still teaching, still taking classes and am admittedly still dreaming of opening a hippy commune for creative types.  

However, with the attention span of a gnat and the self-control of a 3-year old on a sugar high, it's not enough for me to just be Mom, wife, student, full-time employee, part-time photographer and instructor...


To keep me running ragged, when I stumbled across a collection of 600+ professionally-sewn stage and theatre costumes I couldn't help myself.  You can check them out here.  Eventually I'd like That Costume Place to be a part of the hippy commune but in the meantime I've got 24 - 18 cubic foot boxes of awesome taking up my entire dining room and most of my living room.  (And yes, I'm a special kind of dumb, I know...)  So if any of y'all know of a great commercial/retail space that's affordable, need a costume for Halloween, want to play dress-up at my house for hours on end, or decide you want to put on an Elvis Revue or a production of Cabaret, by all means let me know.  So much for getting my new iGadget-friendly website ready lol  ~sigh~

In the next couple of weeks I will be posting tonnes of teasers and hopefully I'll be able to start making regular postings.  I think I'll aim for Wednesdays...  How about YOU!?  Leave me a comment and let me know what YOU have been up to!  How was your summer?  Did you travel?  Get me back in the loop!

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.