babyLOVE: the big oh-three

Whatever was in the water west of Edmonton about 3 years ago has kept me very busy the last few weeks.  All the Mamapalooza kids are busting out of their twosies at a furious pace.


This session almost didn't happen, and I'm glad we were able to make it happen anyways - I would have missed taking pictures of everyone's pants, being grossed out by shared spit on giant lollipops, and witnessing K's mad buttoning skillz.


Miss K slays me - she and her little sister A have that sister thing going on - you know, where they kind of have their own perfect understanding of one another even though you just stand their scratching your head because have no clue whatsoever what's going on in their little minds?  

However, the girls weren't into being pictured to start with.  A was (very) playing a mean kazoo...


And K alternate between playing coy and just plain giving me dirty looks.


Fifteen minutes into it we were all giggles and smiles - K even showed me around her room, item by item, toy by toy, and book by book.  It felt like a rite of passage and was nothing shy of splendid - the perfect start to an amazing day of shooting.

I had to shoot early and leave early - there was a Goldilocks and the 3 Bears party to be set up... and, after driving around in the nasty snowstorm, I wish I would have taken Mom up on her offer of sticking around for cake.  Next time, I'm in.  Thanks for letting me force my way into your house, er, coerce you into letting me come, uh... stop by, Mom and Dad.  It was an honour.

Comments

kate said…
what darling girls...

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.