myLOVE: sweet dreams

My dreams and daydreams have been a bit weird the last couple of days. I thought I'd share and see if anyone has any insight or is good at interpreting dreams.

Scene one: I'm standing in a store and something like the Jessica Alba as the invisible woman in The Fantastic Four walks in (you know how in movies they make invisible people have that kind of weird hollow glass look?) Anyways, the invisible lady is walking up to me, smiling and friendly, but she's see-through (duh) and I can see a long machete in her hands behind her back. And I say to her, in a weird kind of Yoda-voice: transparent people should not attempt to conceal weapons. (Which I think is very clever metaphor and erroneously post on my Facebook status as: Hope thinks it's funny when naked people try to conceal weapons, which was even FUNNIER, but I digress...)

Scene two: I'm on a tennis court with a friend. Initially I have to teach my friend to play, and then we play a win-win match where the point is to hit the ball back and forth as many times as possible without letting it drop. After a while my friend turns into a gregarious opponent, lobbing the balls at me furiously and keeping score, and I'm confused why our friendly win-win game has turned competitive. I know I could win if I put in the effort but I'm not into win-lose games so instead I put my racquet down and turn to leave. My friend keeps lobbing balls at my back, harder and harder. I can hear my friend screaming at me as I walk away, and I'm more confused still, but I don't stop walking until I'm far enough away that I can't hear the screaming.

Scene three: I'm about 8, and I'm sitting in a schoolyard playing rock-paper-scissors with my former BFF for the other girls in our circle of friends. There are lots of spectators - everyone seems anxious to see who will win whom - but suddenly I can't remember why we're fighting and I go skipping with the other kids instead.

Scene four: I am the karate kid, and I'm in battle stance; the gong rings and we commence sparring: wax-on, wax-off... and shortly into the match my wrists are sore from blocking blows and I become weak. When the opponent finally grabs ahold of me and gets me in a stranglehold, I turn to water and trickle away. (How very taoist.)

I think my subconcious is trying to tell me something... lol

Comments

Princesstefer said…
fascinating! And yes, I this your subconscious is trying to tell you something... I see a theme.
Jo said…
I agree...
Possibly there is something creeping up from the past that is bringing itself to light. The fact that you walk away, can't remember the issue itself, and turn to water in the dreams, is a good sign that you see it as something you can handle, escape, or deal with. There is a solution.
Another possiblilty could be that on some level you feel there is something "in the/your way" and you are trying to find a solution. For e.g. the need for space, independance, to defend honour, a value, or position. The confusion aspect may go along with this premise, as you may not see the point for these defenses, however, circumstances are presenting themselves, in that you may feel the need to hold your ground.
Hope Walls said…
Considering the events of the past 2 or 3 weeks, I'm pretty sure it means I'm supposed to surrender. Throw in the towel. Walk away. Let it be. I'm taoist so the message seems pretty darn clear to me. I was trying so hard to stand my ground that I forgot the standing my ground always means being fluid. I was trying to create a solution where none existed. I was trying to save face when there is no face to save, and karma takes care of its own. If that makes any sense. If you're familiar with the tao te ching, it makes perfect sense. The deal was kind of sealed today when Diana Krall singing 'Pick yourself up, dust ourself off, and start all over again..." was playing. So, OK. Off I go. I think I may actually be able to sleep tonight.
Laura Jane said…
Standing your ground is in essence (well it seems from what I'm reading anyway) going against the grain, or The Way. The water deff says go with the flow, The Way. :) The universe is speaking to you.

*hugs* hope life feels right for you soon in that aspect- very cool dreams/visions, it'd be nice to get some help like that sometimes!
Hope Walls said…
I feel a million times better already. The last couple of weeks have been harrowing to say the least. That saying, 'give a person enough rope and eventually they will hang themselves,' is like the redneck equivalent of what I realized today. Loud and clear. Let me translate the message I got:

Someone who feels opposed to me and wishes to inflict pain can't hide their intentions if I remember I can see right through them;

I can't be beaten if I choose to not engage in battle;

I want never to be angry or arrogant or insecure enough to feel like I need to win or compete for the allegiance of friends;

And, MOST importantly, when I remember to be fluid, I am powerful and peaceful.

I (heart) my brian when it makes up metaphors. It works good. Works real good.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.