so THAT's why

OK - so I just got off the phone with Bill. I gently asked if he was going to make the call. He responded with irritation in his voice. I felt awkward enough asking - I am SO not a person who nags. I'm a martyr before a nag, any day - I'll go without my needs being met to avoid confrontation with certain people, my husband being one of them. I hated reminding him. Because I knew he'd respond with irritation as much as I know he won't do anything unless I continue to nag. Eureka, man. We BOTH need this to happen. We BOTH need closure. But HE is the only one who holds the power to bring it to a close, He is rightfully afraid of the counter-attack that is sure to ensue. I fear it, too, not because it affects me personally but because Bill will take the brunt of it and will be irritated and on edge for weeks afterwards. When he is unhappy, I am unhappy.

I hate the idea of pushing him into this conflict. But I hate the idea of me being dragged through something worse a year from now because we didn't take the initiative to take a stance now. And I hope it won't all cause a rift between us.

I suppose now I get to work through the guilt of feeling like a selfish nag. ACK.

Comments

fmartell2 said…
I feel your pain...
Hopefully it doesn't take him too long to make that appt. and figure out it's all for the best
ticblog said…
Just a letter. We just need a letter drawn up is all. A very important one ending a long-standing argument for once and for all.
Did I miss something ? What kind of call ?
ticblog said…
A call to get a letter drafted up.
Babzy said…
I missed something, too. Whatever it is, good luck. Hope it works out.
alphonsedamoose said…
I think I missed something also. Whatever it is , I hope you guys can work it out.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.