sleep is definitely for sissies

Right now I'm resenting the fact my body falls asleep on me. Long before I'm mentally ready for bed, long before my motivation and enthusiasm to keep moving fades, long before I'm ready to give up the chase for the carrot at the end of that stick, my body peters out, forcing me to yawn and sigh and eventually sleep, wasting countless precious hours of productivity.

Status update: we've so far managed to get the van unloaded, buy paint for the girls' rooms, put all the beds together in their respective rooms, moved the piano from the front entryway back into the living room, and set the dining room tables and chairs back up. Every piece of furniture has been outfitted with nylon sliders or felt feet, and it's actually beginning to feel like a home again. Tonight we'll endeavor to a) put the couch, chair, and sideboard back in the living room and dining room, and b) start the process of 'putting away' which I'm sure will prove the most arduous task yet, far more exhausting than simply moving pieces of big furniture. Quantity vs. size. All those socks and undies, all those cups and saucers, all those books and knick-knacks...

When I get sick of moving and putting, I'll probably take a break to water my poor plants, and maybe even wash the sawdust off of them.

Comments

fmartell2 said…
Its like you are moving in, all over again!
Carol Kerfoot said…
glad you are back. I am so sorry I missed your visit!
ticblog said…
Me too, Carol - but you were one of about 5 people who got bumped from the visit list due to time contraints. *sigh* I got your email about 7 p.m., in Kelowna, so I figured it was a safe bet you were already back in your neck of the woods by then, or at the very least, on your way.

There will be an opportunity again.
Tasha said…
if you want any help putting the house back together, let me know. i have a boring weekend. i can paint!
ticblog said…
We have a wedding this weekend - painting won't happen now until sometime in September. Be carfeul what you offer though - I may have to take you up on it. BTW - got grass?
alphonsedamoose said…
Did you put down hardwood?
Babzy said…
I thought I wrote you a comment. I just wanted to know if this was the trip I drew the map for but now I know it is. Never mind.

"What do you mean got grass?", she asked with a grin.
Carol Kerfoot said…
You mean I was on a list of rejects?
alphonsedamoose said…
Did you get your hard wood in ?
ticblog said…
We refinished the existing hardwood, actually. And Miss PO5 cancelled a BBQ on account of not having a lawn. I was relly disappointed, too - I had invited 42 of my closest friends.

And Carold - you weren't rejected - just rescheduled. We enjoyed our trip immensely, and will definitely be doing a similar trip again.
Babzy said…
Tough getting an answer out of her sometimes, Moose. :)

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.